Thursday 19 January 2012

Fabulous Fritters

Success! Very pleased with myself once again. A morning in the garden and a late afternoon in the kitchen. Actually, I could have cooked the fritters on my forehead it is so sunburnt.
Following are the recipes I put together from what I grew and what I found in the fridge!

Zucchini Fritters:
1 and 1/2 cups grated zucchini (squeeze out excess moisture)
1/2 cup finely sliced red onion
1/2 cup grated carrot
2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons plain flour
salt, pepper
tablespoon finely sliced fresh mint

Mix all of the above together
heat olive or any vegetable oil in fry pan until hot
drop in spoonfuls of batter and flatten in pan. (size to what is desired)
turn when golden .

I ate these with a bit of smoked salmon but would be lovely with poached or fried eggs and a good tomato chutney!

Corn Fritters:
corn kernels from 2 fresh cooked cobs (boiled, steamed or microwaved)
4 sliced spring onions
tablespoon chopped vietnamese mint
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
tablespoon chipped garlic chives
salt, pepper
2 tablespoons plain flour
2 beaten eggs

Mix ingredients together and cook as above.

I just ate mine with sweet chilli sauce but could be served with creme fraiche, smoked salmon / trout, whatever your heart desires.
make them big or small, they will taste just as good

Enjoy!!!!!

My friend Marcia who lives in Vermont, (a great lady I met and worked with in Cambodia last year) took me to a vegetable stall that is unmanned and is an honour system. She insisted that the corn (that was picked that morning and put on the stall) had to be eaten that day or the taste would diminish. She is so right, fresh is best . I am amazed at the taste freshly picked veggies have.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment